- The Stars Descend On The Grammys Red Carpet
- And The Most Outrageous Outfit Of The Night Is...
- Justin Bieber's Unbelievably Cute Brother Jaxon Steals The Show
As with the video for the ‘The Blacker The Berry’, the performance focussed on race and inequality, and for his second track, the stage was transformed, with a giant bonfire appearing, before the word ‘Compton’ was displayed above an image of Africa.
The Guardian also reports that a new verse alluding to Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old shot dead in 2012, was added to ‘Alright’, as Kendrick rapped: “On February 26th I lost my life, too.”
Kendrick went into the evening with 11 nominations, and ended up scooping five awards, including one for the ‘Bad Blood’ video he made with Taylor Swift.
The rapper wasn’t the only star to take to the stage on Monday night, and Adele and Lady Gaga were also among the performers.
Sadly, one of the most hotly-anticipated moments of the night was cancelled at the last-minute, when Rihanna pulled out of performing due to health issues.
Watch Kendrick's full performance below...
- Lady Gaga's Bowie-Inspired Grammys Look Was As Awesome As Expected
- And The Winner Of The Most Outrageous Grammys Outfit Goes To...
- Taylor And Selena Have An Awkward Moment On The Red Carpet
- Taylor Swift Gets The Grammys Off To A Flying Start
- Taylor Swift Responds To Kanye West Diss During Acceptance Speech
- Adele Soldiers On During Grammys Performance, Despite Technical Issues
- Gaga Honours David Bowie With Grammys Tribute Performance
- Rihanna Cancels Grammys Performance At The Last Minute
- Ed Sheeran's Grammys Speech Was As Adorable As Ever
- Kendrick Lamar Stuns With Politically-Charged Performance
Also on HuffPost:
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more