The estate where South African athlete Oscar Pistorius lives was voted one of the safest in the country.
Silver Lakes Golf Estate is located in the east of the country's capital Pretoria and consists of more than 1,600 plots of land up to 3,000 sq m (32,000 sq ft) built around an 18-hole golf course.
In 2009, it was voted "the most secure estate in South Africa", according to its website.
Offering a tranquil lifestyle "unparalleled in the Pretoria region", it has electrified fences, armed 24-hour security guards and manned controlled access.
Prices for homes can be up to nine million South African rand (£650,000) for a five-bedroom property.
As well as its golf course, Silver Lakes estate has tennis courts, a driving range, a restaurant, a squash club and a fishing club, as well as a "social responsibility committee".
The estate incorporates a wildlife reserve, and in recent years new lakes have been built and existing ones enlarged to turn the estate into a wildlife haven, inhabited by rare birds such as African spoonbills, mongooses and giant African bullfrogs.
- First Picture Of Olympian Oscar Pistorious Since Death Of Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
- Domestic Incidents Previously Reported At Olympian's Home, Say Police
- Oscar Pistorius Shooting: The Paralympian's Rise And Fall (PICTURES)
- Father Speaks About Reeva Steenkamp Death
- Oscar Pistorius Arrested After Paralympian Allegedly 'Shoots Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Dead'