What makes you feel happy?
A new study has revealed the top 50 things that make people in Britain feel great, and surprisingly the Queen and her kin bring up the rear.
The survey of 2,000 people, which was commissioned by Bupa, also revealed that arduous household chores are worth the effort - as the feeling of sleeping in a freshly made bed topped the list, with 62% saying it is their favourite feel great moment.
However, the results also revealed that for the majority of people these moments of "feeling great" were few and far between. Just one in eight (12.5%) said they have a feel great moment more than once a month.
“We all have those little things that make us feel great – for me it’s feeling the sun on my face," said Daly.
The top 50 things that make people in Britain feel great are:
1. Sleeping in a freshly made bed.
2. Feeling the sun on your face.
3. People saying ‘thank you’ or a random act of kindness from a stranger.
4. Finding money in unexpected places.
5. Having time to myself.
6. Laughing so hard it hurts.
7. Snuggling on the sofa with a loved one.
8. Freshly made bread.
9. Doing something for others.
10. The clean feeling after a shower.
11. When your favourite song comes on the radio.
12. Finding a bargain in the sales.
13. Listening to the rainfall/thunderstorms when you’re inside.
14. Freshly brewed tea / coffee.
15. The thrill of personal achievement.
16. Having a long hot bath.
17. Seeing a fresh coating of snow.
18. Freshly cut grass.
19. Chocolate melting in your mouth.
20. Doing something active outdoors (e.g. bike ride, run, country walk).
21. Bacon cooking in the morning.
22. Talking to or playing with your pet.
23. A soothing massage.
24. That ‘Friday feeling’.
25. A perfectly cooked steak.
26. Waking up before the alarm and realising there’s more time to sleep.
27. Doing exercise.
29. Remembering the name of something/someone you thought you’d forgotten.
30. Making a perfectly baked cake/pie.
31. Stepping on crunchy autumn leaves.
32. Popping bubble wrap.
33. Swimming in the sea/lake.
34. New car smell.
35. Dancing like no one is watching.
36. The smell of new books/magazines.
37. Smell of a fine wine.
38. Putting your Out of Office on before going on holiday.
39. Putting on a brand new pair of socks.
40. Watching your breath float away in cold air.
41. Getting new stationary.
42. Singing in the shower.
43. Getting a seat on the bus / train / tube.
45. Loosening your jeans after you've eaten.
46. The ‘pop’ when you open a new jar of jam.
47. Squeezing a spot.
48. Cleaning the wax from your ears.
49. Cleaning the bathroom.
50. The Royal Family.
And if that's not reason enough to smile, check out the grinning animals in the gallery below: