Drake Anthony's latest YouTube entry should be prefaced with 'don't try this at home.'
The 22-year-old self-proclaimed 'DIY laser guy' has a YouTube channel dedicated to all things laser and his latest video shows off his homemade laser shotgun that uses eight five watt parallel laser beams powered by a lithium battery pack.
Anthony begins his demonstration by proudly stating that the gun is dangerous and that 'there's no good reason for anybody to own something this powerful,' which makes us wonder why he bothered building it in the first place.
- Nintendo Light Gun Upgraded With 'Ridiculously Powerful' (REAL) Laser (VIDEO)
- These Terrifying Science Fiction Weapons Actually Exist
- Finally, A Song Which Asks: Why Aren't Lasers Doing Cool Shit?
- This Real Iron Man Glove Shoots Actual Lasers
- Laser-Guided Beard Trimmer From Philips Is Bafflingly And Unnecessarily Hi-Tech
Admittedly the whole experiment gives Anthony and anyone else brave enough to handle the gun, the opportunity burn everything from balloons and table tennis balls to cocktails of methanol solutions.
The shotgun is Anthony's most powerful creation yet. Last year he built a six watt laser sword that could only burn paper and wood.
The 'DIY laser guy' is hoping to get a PhD in physics or chemistry so we're sure the 40 watt shotgun is not last we'll see of his boundary-pushing laser craziness.
If you'd like to partake, he does post a few tutorials on his site but they're not for the faint hearted.