But since coming second on the show back in 2007, the 32-year-old has been doing more than just exercising his vocal cords.
Just look at him now…!
Somebody's been working out: Rhydian shows off his new physique
By the looks of his incredible transformation, the Welsh singer has been putting in some serious hours at the gym and he was more than happy to show off the results to his fans on Twitter in a series of shirtless snaps.
Well, you would really, wouldn’t you?
As well as working on his six pack, the baritone has been busy recording and performing since appearing on the ‘X Factor’.
Despite losing out to Leon Jackson (remember him?) in the final, Rhydian hasn’t stopped working since his stint on the show.
His debut album sold over 600,000 copies making it 2008's highest-selling album by a male newcomer, and there have been four more albums and several UK tours since.
He also appeared on the stage in ‘The Rocky Horror Show’, Jeff Wayne’s seminal ‘War Of The Worlds’ musical and as Pontius Pilate in the touring production of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’.
Next up is another tour of the UK, which makes you wonder how he even finds the time to hit the gym in the first place.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?