Over the past few years, the arrival of Halloween on ‘The X Factor’ has become as highly-anticipated an event as the wind-tunnel makeovers, finding out what Sinitta will be wearing at judges’ houses, and hearing which contestant will be taking on Whitney Houston’s ‘I Have Nothing’ before anyone else gets their mitts on it.
Towards the end of October, the live shows take a spooky turn, and the contestants get to have a bit of fun in the dressing-up box.
With this year’s first live show kicking off on Halloween night, we’re anticipating as many crazy outfits and creepy routines as ever, but given how creative performances have been in past years, this year’s hopefuls have a lot to live up to.
Click through the gallery below to remind yourself of some of the most shocking, impressive and downright bewildering ‘X Factor’ Halloween performances ever, featuring a vampire Zayn Malik, a throwback to one of Charles Dickens’ most chilling characters and Katie Waissel in an extremely questionable wig.
And if all that doesn’t frighten you, then the thought of taking a stroll down memory lane with Wagner should definitely give you a pre-Halloween scare…
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?