Piers Morgan made his debut as a full-time ‘Good Morning Britain’ presenter on Monday (23 November), but it proved to be memorable for the wrong reasons, due to an awkward encounter with eliminated 'X Factor' contestant Mason Noise.
- Anton Stephans Voted Off 'X Factor' Following Nick Grimshaw Row
- Nick Grimshaw And Anton Stephans Clash On 'X Factor'
- Rita Hasn't Ruled Out Returning To 'The Voice'
The TV host clashed with the singer as he tried to get him to reveal his name on the ITV breakfast show.
Piers Morgan and Mason Noise clashed on 'Good Morning Britain'
“Can I just ask you, Noise isn’t your name. Your name isn’t Noise is it?” Piers asked.
“No it’s just something which stuck with me from a child,” Mason responded.
“So what is your name?” Piers pressed further.
“You’ll have to go and Google it,” the eliminated ‘X Factor’ singer replied.
Mason was eliminated from 'X Factor' on Sunday
“Mason it’s not 'Question Time', it’s just like, what’s your name?” Piers laughed.
“I can’t do that though, it’s like asking Batman what his name is," Mason explained, begining to get annoyed.
“Mason, is this the problem?” Piers fired back. “I was watching you, I loved you digging at Simon obviously, but when you liken yourself to Batman, a superhero saving the world, do you think the ego is riding tricks, that the body maybe isn’t quite able to cash?”
Mason became the seventh person to be voted off ‘The X Factor’ on Saturday night, after he was the casualty of the first flash-vote of the series, which gave viewers just 10 minutes to vote for their favourite contestants, and save them from elimination.
‘The X Factor’ continues on Saturday at 8pm on ITV.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?