A "petrified" kitten returned home "dripping in glue" after her eyes were glued shut in a shocking case of animal cruelty.
The eight-month-old pet returned to her home in Manchester on Friday night in a "mess" before her owners rushed her to the vets for medical treatment.
KitKat's eyes had to be prised open and a lot of her fur around her eyes was removed while she was being tended to, her owner said.
KitKat came home with her eyes 'dripping with glue'
Her owner, Joanne Fletcher, from Ashton, posted on Facebook: "My poor baby came home with her eyes glued shut some sickos around thinking it’s funny, she was petrified.
"She’s been to the vets and they had to pull her eyes open and pull all her fur off, she was so brave can people share this so they know.”
She added: "When I first saw her she was dripping in glue, I thought she had rabies or something. My mum thought I was mad until she saw her, the mess they have done to her little face.
"I was shocked - as I was looking at her face I knew there was something wrong, I couldn’t see her eyes, I had to get her off the wall and check her. She was shaken up, rubbing her eyes, she wouldn’t even eat for two days. It really did upset me and my daughter," reports the Manchester Evening News.
The RSPCA is encouraging KitKat's owner to contact them to report the case by calling their 24-hour cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.
Anyone who may know about what happened to the cat is also being urged to get in touch.
Animal rights charity, PETA UK, is offering a £1,000 reward for anyone with information about the cruel act.
Elisa Allen, PETA's associate director, said: "The pain and fear that this cat must have experienced are unimaginable, and whoever is responsible for this merciless act of cruelty must be found, as research into criminology and psychology shows that people who commit acts of cruelty to animals and get away with them can be a danger to the entire community.
"PETA is offering a reward of up to £1,000 to anyone who can provide information that will lead to a conviction in this case, and we encourage anyone with such information to get in contact with the RSPCA."
An RSPCA spokesman said: "It is terrible to hear about what this poor little kitten has been through and the pain she must have endured."
The RSPCA added: "We would also like to remind the public that the Animal Welfare Act 2006 makes it an offence to cause unnecessary suffering to an animal and, if prosecuted, courts may impose a term of imprisonment of up to six months and/or a fine of up to £20,000."