Sometimes during awards season, an acceptance speech can be the chance for us to see our favourite stars expressing their gratitude towards us for getting them to the lofty heights they’re at today.
And sometimes, like in Wednesday nights’ NTAs, they’re a chance for us to go and get a cup of tea and a biscuit.
- NTAs Nominations Revealed - Can Ant And Dec Make It 15 Years In A Row?
- The Best TV Moments Of 2015 In 28 Glorious GIFs
- The Most Memorable NTAs Moments Ever
- The Most Outrageous Dresses In National Television Awards History
Sid collected the award on behalf of 'Gogglebox'
His speech, bless him, wasn’t so much a chance to grab a cuppa and a biscuit, as a chance to nip the supermarket, get a few bits in, get home, make a sandwich, before settling down, to discover he was still only about half-way through.
Seriously, folks. It was a long speech. And we weren’t the only ones to notice.
Sid was even given the Oscars treatment, with producers playing music to let Sid know it was time to vacate the stage so the show could continue. We were half expecting Dermot O’Leary to come on with an old-school hook to yank him off, but fortunately it didn’t come to that.
Before being unceremoniously booted off the stage, he did reveal that the reason so few ‘Gogglebox’ stars had turned out for the evening was because most of them were being recorded watching the ceremony at home.
Frankly, we can’t wait to see what Steph and Dom have to say about that speech.
Luckily for Sid, his wasn’t the most memorable speech of the evening, as Danny Dyer also managed to out-Danny Dyer himself when he was given the Serial Drama Performance gong, prompting Dermot to say what we were all thinking: “Oh man. He’s started early…”
Check out the full list of winners from this year’s NTAs here.
MORE FROM THE NTAS:
- TV Royalty Turn Out For The NTAs 2016
- All The Winners From This Year's NTAs
- Luisa Zissman Stages Return To The Spotlight At NTAs
- Susanna Reid Is A Bit Of All White At The NTAs
- Jorgie Porter Looks Out Of This World At The NTAs
- Michelle Keegan And Mark Wright Are One Very Co-Ordinated Couple At The NTAs
- Amanda Holden Wows On The NTAs Red Carpet
- Danny Dyer's NTAs Speech Was VERY Danny Dyer
- The NTAs Opening Number Was One Of The Most Ludicrous Things We've Ever Seen
- Ant And Dec In Least Surprising NTAs Victory Ever
- Susanna Reid Puts Piers Morgan In His Place At The NTAs
- Dermot O'Leary Couldn't Resist A Few 'X Factor' Digs During The NTAs
- 'X Factor' Suffers Another Blow At The Hands Of 'Strictly'
- The Award For Longest NTAs Speech Goes To… Sid From ‘Gogglebox’!