- NTAs Nominations Revealed - Can Ant And Dec Make It 15 Years In A Row?
- The Best TV Moments Of 2015 In 28 Glorious GIFs
- The Most Memorable NTAs Moments Ever
- The Most Outrageous Dresses In National Television Awards History
The ‘Good Morning Britain’ hosts were appearing on stage to announce who had won in the Daytime category… but, true to form, Piers couldn’t resist making it about himself just for a minute.
After suggesting that the microphone stands had been lowered specifically for Ant and Dec’s small stature, which prompted some jeering from the Geordie duo, Piers then joked he was “never going to win one of these damn things”.
Piers and Susanna at the NTAs
He then asked the crowd to cheer for him, allowing him to feel like he’d won his first ever NTA - which, of course, led to a few seconds of cheers, followed by a load of booing.
Brushing off the boos, Piers then remarked he was pleased to be at Susanna’s side, remarking: “It’s my first date night with Susanna.”
True to form, she then interjected: “Date night for Piers. Fright night for me.”
Nicely done, Susanna.
Of course, this is far from the first time that Susanna has shot down Piers’ flirtations since joined ‘Good Morning Britain’ at the tail-end of last year.
Last year, when he joked he could “win her affections” by growing a beard, she told him bluntly: “There’s nothing you could do to win those.”
Among the winners on Wednesday night were ‘I’m A Celebrity’, ‘Great British Bake Off’ and ‘EastEnders’ star Danny Dyer, who delivered a typically Danny Dyer-esque acceptance speech.
Check out the full winners list here.
MORE FROM THE NTAS:
- TV Royalty Turn Out For The NTAs 2016
- All The Winners From This Year's NTAs
- Luisa Zissman Stages Return To The Spotlight At NTAs
- Susanna Reid Is A Bit Of All White At The NTAs
- Jorgie Porter Looks Out Of This World At The NTAs
- Michelle Keegan And Mark Wright Are One Very Co-Ordinated Couple At The NTAs
- Amanda Holden Wows On The NTAs Red Carpet
- Danny Dyer's NTAs Speech Was VERY Danny Dyer
- The NTAs Opening Number Was One Of The Most Ludicrous Things We've Ever Seen
- Ant And Dec In Least Surprising NTAs Victory Ever
- Susanna Reid Puts Piers Morgan In His Place At The NTAs
- Dermot O'Leary Couldn't Resist A Few 'X Factor' Digs During The NTAs
- 'X Factor' Suffers Another Blow At The Hands Of 'Strictly'
- The Award For Longest NTAs Speech Goes To… Sid From ‘Gogglebox’!