ITV could be about to lose two of their biggest stars, as Ant and Dec have hinted they could leave the broadcaster to join Amazon Prime or Netflix.
The duo are currently in the last year of their multi-million pound golden handcuffs deal with ITV, and could decide to follow former ‘Top Gear’ trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May over to a streaming service when their contract ends.
Ant and Dec won the NTA for Best Presenter earlier this week
When quizzed about such services at Friday’s (22 January) ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ auditions, Dec told The Sun: “Shows like ‘BGT’ bring the whole family together which is kind of irreplaceable on those streaming services. But there’s room for both.
“The big difference is the amount of money your Netflixes and your Amazon Primes have to spend.”
Asked if they would make the jump, Ant said: “Well, we’re in the last year of our contract so that would be very unfair of me to say - wouldn’t it?”
“Who knows where we are going to be?” Dec added.
The Geordie duo won the Best Presenter gong at the National Television Awards earlier this week for the 15th year in a row.
They revealed that they had been asked to step down from the category, but refused to do so.
Speaking to members of the press in the winner’s room at the NTAs, they said: “It has been mentioned before that maybe we should step down but it’s not up to us, we shouldn’t be big-headed enough to say we’ll give someone else a chance.
“We make no apologies, we’re still in the business that we’re in, we’ve won 15 years on the trot, we find that remarkable and we’re very thankful for it.
“The day we try and say no to that is the day we should stop.”
MORE FROM THE NTAS:
- TV Royalty Turn Out For The NTAs 2016
- All The Winners From This Year's NTAs
- Luisa Zissman Stages Return To The Spotlight At NTAs
- Susanna Reid Is A Bit Of All White At The NTAs
- Jorgie Porter Looks Out Of This World At The NTAs
- Michelle Keegan And Mark Wright Are One Very Co-Ordinated Couple At The NTAs
- Amanda Holden Wows On The NTAs Red Carpet
- Danny Dyer's NTAs Speech Was VERY Danny Dyer
- The NTAs Opening Number Was One Of The Most Ludicrous Things We've Ever Seen
- Ant And Dec In Least Surprising NTAs Victory Ever
- Susanna Reid Puts Piers Morgan In His Place At The NTAs
- Dermot O'Leary Couldn't Resist A Few 'X Factor' Digs During The NTAs
- 'X Factor' Suffers Another Blow At The Hands Of 'Strictly'
- The Award For Longest NTAs Speech Goes To… Sid From ‘Gogglebox’!
NTAs 2016 Red Carpet Arrivals