Just in case you were wondering, Oscar-winning costume designer Jenny Beavan could not care less about what you think of her outfit from last night’s (28 February) ceremony.
Not. One. Ounce.
Jenny took home her second Academy Award on Sunday night, for her work in on the costume department of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’, 30 years after taking home the same award for ‘A Room With A View’.
Jenny Beavan with her second Oscar
However, in Jenny’s moment of celebration, several members of the audience seemed bemused at her choice of attire at the A-list soirée, which included a faux leather jacket and coloured scarf.
Fortunately, she doesn’t seem too bothered about what anyone thinks about her fashion.
Speaking to The Telegraph backstage at the Oscars, she admitted: “This was an homage to 'Mad Max' and I obviously didn't get it quite right at the Baftas, the scarf was meant to be an oil rag.
“This is Marks & Spencer with Swarovski at the back, I had a bit of a shoe malfunction and the glitter fell off. I just like feeling comfortable and as far as I'm concerned I'm really dressed up.”
In case you didn’t get the Baftas reference, Jenny was inadvertently at the centre of a controversy earlier this month, when she collected a prize at this year’s London awards bash.
After delivering her speech, host Stephen Fry faced a backlash on social media for suggesting she’d shown up dressed like a “bag lady”.
He later insisted that Jenny was a “dear friend” and that he was only joking, but the ensuing furore pushed him to delete his Twitter account altogether.
- Lady Gaga Makes An Important Stand With Stunning Oscars Performance
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back After Sam Smith's Oscars Speech
- See All The Snaps From The 2016 Oscars Red Carpet
- Lady Gaga And Taylor Kinney Lead Cute Couples On The Oscars Red Carpet
- Brand Mistake Whoopi For Oprah In Oscars Twitter Fail
- There Was Something Very Wrong With E!'s Coverage Of Tilda Swinton's Oscars Outfit
- We're In Full Swoon Over These Pics Of Tom Hardy At The Oscars