It’s rare we’ve got a spring in our step on a Wednesday morning at the best of times, but given all that’s gone on in the past 24 hours, we can’t help but notice the collective mood is in a bit of a lull.
So if you’re in need of something to put a smile on your face (and let’s face it, who isn’t today?), at the very least we can look forward to a glimmer of joy in the form of this Saturday’s (12 November) ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ live show.
The songs that each of the remaining eight couples will be performing to have now been revealed, and Ed Balls is revisiting an old classic with a Salsa routine set to Psy’s ‘Gangnam Style’.
As you might recall, this won’t be Ed’s first time dancing to the track in the public sphere, having previously been caught busting a move to it at the Labour party conference back in 2014.
We see now why ‘Strictly’ producers were so keen to sign him up.
Elsewhere, following her sensational performance in last week’s show, Louise Redknapp will be performing the American Smooth to the Dame Shirley Bassey ‘Big Spender’, while Ore Oduba will be recovering from being in the dance-off with a Rumba, set to John Legend’s ‘Ordinary People’.
Here’s the full list of songs we can look forward to this week:
- Louise Redknapp & Kevin Clifton will be dancing the American Smooth to ‘Big Spender’ by Dame Shirley Bassey
- Greg Rutherford & Natalie Lowe will be dancing the Paso Doble to ‘Tamacun’ by Rodrigo y Gabriela
- Judge Rinder & Oksana Platero will be dancing the Foxtrot to ‘You Make Me Feel So Young’ by Harry Connick Jr
- Danny Mac & Oti Mabuse will be dancing the Argentine Tango to ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine’ by Marvin Gaye
- Claudia Fragapane & AJ Pritchard will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to ‘Breakaway’ by Kelly Clarkson
- Ore Oduba & Joanne Clifton will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Ordinary People’ by John Legend
- Daisy Lowe & Aljaz Skorjanec will be dancing the Salsa to ‘Groove Is In The Heart’ by Deee-Lite
- Ed Balls & Katya Jones will be dancing the Salsa to ‘Gangnam Style’ by Psy
Check out all the stars in action when ‘Strictly’ returns on Saturday (12 November) at 6.55pm on BBC One.