A mystery street artist has taken a phallic approach to tackling what he describes as Manchester’s “appalling” pothole problem.
The anonymous spray-painter who has dubbed himself “Wanksy” sprang into action after several of his cyclist friends were badly injured on the roads.
When Wanksy spots a pothole he carefully draws a giant penis around it in non-permanent paint.
A phallic approach to Manchester's pothole problem
He showcases his work on a Facebook page and includes incidences where his efforts have paid off and the council had duly filled the dangerous and offending holes.
Wanksy boasts of an impressive success rate, informing the Manchester Evening News some of the potholes he has “highlighted” have been filled within 48 hours, and others within a week.
He said: “I wanted to draw attention to the pothole and make it memorable. Nothing seemed to do this better than a giant comedy phallus. It’s also speedy. I don’t want to be in the road for a long time.”
You can't really miss this one
But a Bury council spokesman was less than impressed
He told the newspaper: “The actions of the individual are not only stupid but incredibly insulting to local residents.
- House Price Panic After Residents Learn Their Estate Looks Like a Giant Penis
- 'Unfortunately People Seem To Get Really Excited By A Giant Phallus': Welsh Skate Park Looks Like A...
- This Church Looks Like A Giant Penis From Above
- Someone Used Weed Killer To Burn A Giant Dick Onto A High School Football Field
- Ryanair Stands Proud In Thundersnow With Giant Snow Penis
- News Reporter Accidentally Draws Penis
“Has this person, just for one second, considered how families with young children must feel when they are confronted with these obscene symbols as they walk to school? Not only is this vandalism, but it’s also counterproductive.
“Every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes.”
Everyone’s a critic.
A triple-hit success story