NEW YORK -- Somewhere in Manhattan there is a designer formerly of the Trump Organization looking for a new job. That’s because on Tuesday, the Republican presidential candidate tweeted out a picture of himself next to some soldiers and the American flag.
At first glance it looks like a stock civil religious emblem, the type used by Fox News to whip up nationalism in readiness for war. Yet one sharp-eyed history buff spotted that the soldiers yomping up Trump’s shoulder towards his famous weave were members of the Waffen-SS.
— John Schindler (@20committee) July 14, 2015
Found @realDonaldTrump's german soldier stock image here (searched "world war II soldiers")July 14, 2015
Trump deleted the tweet soon after posting. Not that the picture will do any damage to his campaign. Last month Trump called Mexicans "rapists" in front of 319 million people and has been leading the GOP field ever since.
- When Will America Elect An Openly Gay President?
- Christians Should Resist Gay Marriage With 'Civil Disobedience'
- 'Stop Combatting Climate Change And Promote Traditional Marriage'
- CNN Mistakenly Spots ISIS Flag At London Pride
- South Carolina Confederate Flag Removed By Daring Female Activist
- Gay Marriage Decision Called 'The New 9/11'