The ‘X Factor’ boss has said sorry to his co-star after snubbing him during Sunday’s Bootcamp episode.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?
However, Simon soon grew tired of his interruptions, and shut down the laptop to cut off the Skype call.
Speaking to The Mirror, Simon admitted he felt bad about it, saying: “I sent him a text last night [to apologise]. I didn't know they were going to put that in the show.
"That was quite embarrassing. It was meant as a joke, but it didn't quite come across in that way."
Simon shut the laptop on Grimmy during Sunday's show
Simon also insisted he has no plans to change to judging panel, despite new additions Nick and Rita receiving a mixed reaction from fans.
It was reported last week that Louis Walsh would be returning in time for the live shows, acting as a fifth judge, and Simon remained coy when asked about the possibility.
"We always had an idea about maybe doing that with different people on the live shows, so we'll see. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks," he said.
Louis admitted he was keen to reclaim his set on the panel during an appearance on ‘Loose Women’ last week, saying: “There is a possibility I might end up on the show... But I don’t know for definite. I’d like to. I’m available.”
‘The X Factor’ continues on Sunday (4 October) at 7pm on ITV.