Graphic Images Show Woman's Horrendous Burns After Running 69 Miles In Sun

The Huffington Post | Natasha Hinde | Posted 29.06.2017 | UK Lifestyle

Warning: contains graphic images of a medical nature. A woman has shared shocking photos of her extreme sunburn in the hope it will encourage others t...

This Astonishing 'SkinGun' Sprays Stem Cells Onto Burns And Heals Them

The Huffington Post | Sophie Gallagher | Posted 30.11.2016 | UK Tech

A company in New York is developing groundbreaking technology that could transform the way severe burns and scars are treated. RenovaCare, who build m...

Explosion In Number Of Firework Related Injuries

Clive James | Posted 04.11.2016 | UK Lifestyle
Clive James

Ahead of Bonfire Night, we carried out a survey which revealed a third of parents and grandparents have witnessed an injury during bonfire night celebrations and NHS statistics show that 4,506 people visited A&E from 2014-2015 for treatment of a firework-related injury.

Shocking Image Of Toddler's Second-Degree Burns From Portable Radiator

PA Real Life | Amy Packham | Posted 18.03.2016 | UK Parents

Warning: some readers may find the images below graphic. A mother has released a shocking image of the burns her toddler received from a portable rad...

National Burns Awareness Day: Raising Awareness To Save Lives

Lucy Wilson | Posted 17.10.2016 | UK Universities & Education
Lucy Wilson

Some people can't resist the strong taste of coffee in the morning or the tender smell of a Yankee candle in the evening. We all come into contact with hot substances on a daily basis. However, it is estimated that over 121,000 people are seen by burns services and emergency departments each year...

Travelling Solo With A Physical Disfigurement

Lucy Wilson | Posted 14.06.2016 | UK Universities & Education
Lucy Wilson

After the experience of travelling solo to Thailand, my confidence has grown enormously. If one culture can accept me as a "normal" person, I have to make every other person treat me in the same way. I feel as though my confidence now shows people that my burns do not bother me, and therefore they shouldn't bother them.

Girl Survives Freak Explosion That Burned 45% Of Her Skin After Lighting A Candle

The Huffington Post UK | Rachel Moss | Posted 27.01.2015 | UK Lifestyle

Just three months ago, Kilee Brookbank lost almost half of her skin when she lit a candle in her home that led to a freak explosion. On 10 November...

This Lady Took A Friend's Antibiotics To Relieve Her Flu, Ended Up With 70% Burns

The Huffington Post UK | Rachel Moss | Posted 26.01.2015 | UK Lifestyle

When Yaasmeen Castanada took a friend’s antibiotics in November, she hoped it would offer relief from her flu-like symptoms. Instead the 19-year-...

Child, 7, Set On Fire In Aberdeen Street Dead

The Huffington Post UK/PA | Posted 22.04.2014 | UK

A seven-year-old boy who was badly burned in a city street has died in hospital, police said. Preston Flores was found "on fire" by horrified neigh...

Child, 7, Set On Fire In Aberdeen Street In 'Critical Condition'

The Huffington Post UK/PA | Posted 19.04.2014 | UK

The young boy who was badly burned in a city street in an apparent "prank gone wrong" is fighting for his life, police said Saturday. Seven-year-ol...

Boy In Hospital After Reports He Was 'On Fire' In City Street

PA | Posted 18.04.2014 | UK

A young boy is being treated for serious burns after reports that he was "on fire" in a city street. The seven-year-old was hurt in the incident in...

99p Shower Gel 'Burns Carpet Fitter's Penis & Testicles'

Solent News | Sara C Nelson | Posted 30.04.2013 | UK

A carpet cleaner has received an out-of-court settlement after claiming a 99p Store shower gel burned his penis and testicles. Raymond Cuss says t...

Emmerdale Baby Actress Dies From Severe Burns

PA/Huffington Post UK | Posted 13.12.2012 | UK

A three-year-old girl who once played the part of a baby in Emmerdale has died of severe burns. Sophie Firth was taken to hospital nine days ago af...

Dissolvable Strip 'Can Instantly Relieve Hot Coffee Burns'

Huffington Post UK | Michael Rundle | Posted 18.12.2012 | UK Tech

Researchers have created a dissolvable oral strip to instantly relieve burns from hot coffee or food. The strip can "immediately relieve pain from ...

Risky Price Of Beauty: Dangers Of Hair Straighteners And Fake Tan Exposed

The Huffington Post UK | Kyrsty Hazell | Posted 15.06.2012 | UK Lifestyle

It’s not been a great week for beauty and hair lovers, as health experts have warned of the potential dangers of the UK’s most popular cosmetic an...

Cocker Spaniel 'Burned To Death' After Dog Groomer Left Her In Drying Cage (PICTURES)

Caters News | Posted 17.04.2012 | UK

Source: Caters These harrowing pictures show how a cocker spaniel was literally burned to death after she was left in a homemade dog drying cage fo...

Hospital Patient Set Alight During Surgery

PA | Posted 01.03.2012 | UK

A patient undergoing surgery was set on fire when the solution used to clean their skin ignited, an NHS Trust confirmed today. The incident happene...

Badly Burned Boy Is Healed With 'Spray Skin'

Mason's | Posted 17.04.2012 | UK Lifestyle

Source: MASONS A toddler who suffered horrific burns has made a full recovery after undergoing pioneering new surgery - where doctors sprayed on a...

Woman Dies After Setting Herself Alight At Petrol Station

Huffington Post UK | Felicity Morse | Posted 23.11.2011 | UK

A suicidal woman doused herself in petrol and set herself alight at a Sainsbury's filling station. As the flames engulfed her horrified cashiers ra...

Patient Suffers Burns After Explosion At Bath Hospital

The Huffington Post UK | Paul Vale | Posted 22.01.2012 | UK

A patient at Bath's Royal United Hospital (RUH) is being treated for burns after an explosion in an intensive care ward. The incident occurred whe...

Chemical Spill Outside Buckingham Palace Injures Nine

PA | Posted 16.11.2011 | UK

Three people are in hospital after a chemical spill from a lorry near Buckingham Palace. Emergency services were at the scene in central London wit...

Schoolgirl Suffers Horrific Injuries After Experiment Explodes In Her Face

Huffington Post UK | Lucy Sherriff | Posted 03.01.2012 | UK Universities & Education

Schoolgirl Ashley Cherry may be scarred for life after suffering second-degree burns on her face when a science experiment exploded. The 13-year-ol...