Shortly after demanding police arrest those calling Ukip members fascists, a candidate for the eurosceptic party has been photographed giving Green campaigners the finger while campaigning.
She also told them to "fuck off" and referred to one of them as "fat", it is claimed.
Janice Atkinson, who is standing in South East England in Thursday's European elections, was canvassing in Ashford, Kent when the Green Party held a counter-demonstration with signs and banners attacking Ukip.
According to the protesters, Atkinson made “personal comments about the body size” of activist Maria Pizzey, who posted the image to Facebook, and said: “I don't care where you fucking post this, just fuck off.”
In her Facebook post, Pizzey said the other man in the photo looked "embarrassed" about having Atkinson as a candidate.
Atkinson, who describes herself as Nigel Farage’s 'number two', posted her own photo of the Greens to Twitter, calling them "the attractive face of the Greens, apparently".
The attractive face of the Greens, apparently. Harassing public in Ashford today. Many complained, one to police pic.twitter.com/c5gsHMfkp5— Janice Atkinson (@JaniceUKIP) May 17, 2014
Atkinson made the news last week when she was among those asking the police to arrest anyone who shouted abuse at Ukip campaigners or called them fascists.
Speaking about the Ashford incident, she told The Independent: “They were intimidating my party workers, women and elderly distinguished gentlemen, calling them racist bigots. That is unacceptable, we are the third party of politics.
“They were also intimidating members of the public who approached me. One young woman who said she was in her 30s and had never voted before, said she was voting for me.
"The fat Green woman approached her, telling her that I was a racist bigot. She was very upset, she later told me she had complained to the police."
The Greens denied using any intimidation.
Activist Thom Pizzey told the paper: “We never shouted. We stood respectfully and quietly to the side of their stall and let people approach us.”
- Nigel Farage has claimed he uses bodyguards because of the threat posed by anti-fascist protestors who often turn up to Ukip events.
- His comments linking anti-racism group Hope Not Hate to violence has prompted the group to call in the lawyers.
- 'I'm Not A Racist, I'm Just Tired' Telegraph Letter Defends 'Unpalatable Truth' About Romanian Crime
- Are Tories Trying To Steal Ukip's Far-Right Friends In Europe?
- Nigel Farage's 'Beer-Swilling Bonhomie Mask Slipping To Reveal Nasty Views', Nick Clegg Tells Andrew Marr
- Farage's 'Mask Slipping To Reveal His Nasty Views'
- Watch The Most Difficult Interview Nigel Farage Has Had All Year