- Ben Haenow Unveils First Post-'X Factor' Single
- Nick Grimshaw's Latest 'X Factor' Decision Sparks 'Fix' Accusations
The music mogul was almost boastfully cagey during the episode, having already thrown an almighty strop when he learned which category he would be mentoring for the rest of the series.
And despite kicking off the process with an apology, assuring them he was “there for them 100 percent”, it wasn’t long before he started laying into almost all of them.
Back at the judging panel, he told his fellow mentors: “I can’t believe I’ve been stuck with this category… I really don’t like losing and having heard the girls’ category I’m not in a great mood.”
Things didn’t get much better once the performances began either, with Simon laying into several contestants when they took to the stage.
Over the course of the episode, he told one hopeful he “looked half-dead”, described another as needing a complete image overhaul, and later introduced one singer to the stage by saying: “Oh God I hate this next guy.”
Luckily, he did muster up the necessary enthusiasm to actually praise some acts, eventually choosing Max Stone, Ebru, Jennifer Phillips, Kerrie-Anne Phillips, Bupsi and Anton Stephans to progress to Judges’ Houses, where One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson will be helping Simon select his three acts for live shows.
Tune into ‘The X Factor’ next weekend to see who Simon and the rest of the judges choose.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?