Caroline split from music manager Jack Street for the second time following a brief reunion earlier this year, while Olly split from long-term love Francesca Thomas last month.
Olly Murs and Caroline Flack
Now, in a joint interview in The Sun, the ‘X Factor’ presenters open up about how their friendship has helped them nurse their broken hearts.
“I taught you all about the phases,” Caroline explains.
Of course, rumours of a romance between the pair have heightened since they both became single, but Olly recently insisted nothing would ever happen between them.
"Me and Caroline have always said interviews we've never been together we're just really good mates,” he said during an appearance on ‘Loose Women’.
"Simon Cowell is always trying to stir it up, but we're just great friends. But yeah it's been a difficult couple of weeks."
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?
While fans’ hopes of a romance were dashed, Caroline did recently admit that she fancied Olly when he first auditioned for ‘The X Factor’ in 2009.
“I didn’t work on the show and I was at home watching as a viewer. I might have tweeted, ‘I fancy Olly Murs’. That was it!” she said.
Catch the pair on ‘The X Factor’ as they host the show live for Judges’ Houses, this Saturday and Sunday (24 and 25 October) on ITV.