- Simon Pulls Out The Big Guns For 'X Factor' Final
- 'Simon Cowell Has F***ed 'X Factor' Up,' Says Louis Walsh
Anton came to blows with Che’s mentor, Nick Grimshaw last Saturday when the Radio 1 Breakfast DJ told him his performance left him ‘cold’.
Nick also accused Anton of being ‘aggressive’ after the singing hopeful insisted he wasn’t being ’fake’.
After leaving the competition, Anton then suggested Nick shouldn’t be on the panel as he “just plays music on the radio and has famous friends”.
Now Che has leaped to his mentor’s defence, telling OK! Online: “It’s bitter innit?
“It’s just bitter. That’s all it is.”
“I think Nick meant it was a bit theatrical, and that kind of act.
“But, you know, Anton’s come out the show and he’s just slagged Nick off, so whatever, that’s the way it goes.
“Nick’s been in the business long enough to know to ignore it and move on.”
Che spoke rather more highly of Grimmy though, describing him as a friend as well as a mentor.
He said: “I know I can talk to him about something that’s not related to singing or X Factor, and he can give me advice about it, so he’s that kind of person, we’re just like best friends now.”
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?