The BFFs turned up at the Staples Center in Los Angeles together, but Taylor learned all about the perils of sharing the limelight as they posed for photographers.
The duo stood apart to have their pictures taken separately, and the ‘Style’ singer then thought her pal was ready to pose with her, but it seemed that Selena wasn’t quite ready to stop enjoying the attention she was receiving.
Despite Taylor calling over to her to come and join her, Selena, who looked stunning in a floor-length glittery blue gown, ignored her mate to carry on working it for the cameras.
Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift have an awkward moment on the Grammys carpet
A rather awkward Taylor was then stood at the other end of the red carpet looking, before trying to laugh off the faux pas.
Tay Tay was also rocking a sharp new hair do, as she arrived at the Grammys.
The pair arrived at the event together
The '1989' creator had a few inches taken off her blonde locks aead of the big night, opting for a Anna Wintour-esque bob.
Taylor was also rocking a new 'do
The singer also impressed with her outfit choice, mixing things up with a acid pink and neon orange ensemble.
- The Stars Descend On The Grammys Red Carpet
- And The Most Outrageous Outfit Of The Night Is...
- Justin Bieber's Unbelievably Cute Brother Jaxon Steals The Show
- Lady Gaga's Bowie-Inspired Grammys Look Was As Awesome As Expected
- And The Winner Of The Most Outrageous Grammys Outfit Goes To...
- Taylor And Selena Have An Awkward Moment On The Red Carpet
- Taylor Swift Gets The Grammys Off To A Flying Start
- Taylor Swift Responds To Kanye West Diss During Acceptance Speech
- Adele Soldiers On During Grammys Performance, Despite Technical Issues
- Gaga Honours David Bowie With Grammys Tribute Performance
- Rihanna Cancels Grammys Performance At The Last Minute
- Ed Sheeran's Grammys Speech Was As Adorable As Ever
- Kendrick Lamar Stuns With Politically-Charged Performance
Check out all the pictures from the Grammys red carpet in the gallery below...