Sir Paul McCartney suffered embarrassment following the Grammys on Sunday (16 February) night, after he was turned away from one of the awards show after-parties.
Despite the fact he is one of the most famous men in the world, bouncers had a bit of trouble recognising The Beatles singer, as he tried to get into a party hosted by rapper Tyga at the Argyle club in Los Angeles.
Sir Paul McCartney was turned away from a Grammys after-party
A video published by US site TMZ shows the incident as Sir Paul queued up at the door with singer Beck and Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins.
After doormen refuse them entry, Paul is heard joking: “How VIP do we gotta get? We need another hit guys!”
The group then made a second attempt to enter the club, but were turned away again, before Paul headed back to his car to continue the night elsewhere.
He was later spotted at Mark Ronson's Republic Records party with wife Nancy Shevell.
Paul and wife Nancy later headed to Mark Ronson's party
Tyga has since taken to Twitter to express his anguish that Paul was turned away from his party.
“Why would I deny @PaulMcCartney stop it. He's a legend,” he wrote.
“I don't control the door. I had no knowledge SIR PAUL was there. I just performed and left.”
A representative for the Argyle club has since said that the singer wasn’t turned away at the door, claiming that there was simply a “mix up”.
They told TMZ that Paul was trying to enter believing he was at Mark Ronson’s party, and as soon as he realised his error, he left.
They also assured that they would have allowed Paul in if he had wanted access.
- The Stars Descend On The Grammys Red Carpet
- And The Most Outrageous Outfit Of The Night Is...
- Justin Bieber's Unbelievably Cute Brother Jaxon Steals The Show
- Lady Gaga's Bowie-Inspired Grammys Look Was As Awesome As Expected
- And The Winner Of The Most Outrageous Grammys Outfit Goes To...
- Taylor And Selena Have An Awkward Moment On The Red Carpet
- Taylor Swift Gets The Grammys Off To A Flying Start
- Taylor Swift Responds To Kanye West Diss During Acceptance Speech
- Adele Soldiers On During Grammys Performance, Despite Technical Issues
- Gaga Honours David Bowie With Grammys Tribute Performance
- Rihanna Cancels Grammys Performance At The Last Minute
- Ed Sheeran's Grammys Speech Was As Adorable As Ever
- Kendrick Lamar Stuns With Politically-Charged Performance