With London’s O2 Arena packed out with big names from the world of British TV for the National Television Awards, it was always going to be a recipe for an eventful evening.
1. EastEnders’ The Six went all out for the red carpet to promote their Christmas ‘whodunnit?’ storyline
2. And their rendition of He Had It Coming from Chicago was nothing short of iconic
3. There was a red carpet reunion for former Good Morning Britain colleagues Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid
4. It was date night for Love Island 22 winners Ekin-Su and Davide after recently rekindling their romance
5. Strictly Come Dancing pro Amy Dowden, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer, was also well enough to attend
6. Gogglebox beat I’m A Celebrity to the Entertainment award, and Dannii “I wasn’t expecting that at all!” Minogue was just the perfect person to present it
7. The EastEnders cast’s pride at seeing Danielle Harold win Serial Drama Performance was so pure
8. See also: Jeff Brazier watching his son Bobby win Best Newcomer for his role as EastEnders’ Freddie Slater
9. Lenny Henry had the gag of the night with this topical quip
10. Big Brother fans got a sneak peek at the new remixed version of the show’s theme tune set to debut when it relaunches on ITV2 next month
11. As This Morning missed out on winning an NTA for the first time in 12 years following recent controversies, The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades gave Holly Willoughby and Alison Hammond a hug
12. This dog was one of the stars of the show, barking his way through the speech as Paul O’Grady’s For The Love Of Dog’s picked up Best Factual. We’re sure the late Paul would have approved.