David Bowie’s widow Iman Abdulmajid has paid tribute to her husband’s former hairdresser Teddy Antolin, who has died at the age of 68.
News that the stylist had passed away was announced on David’s Facebook page, less than a month after the ‘Ziggy Stardust’ singer died following a secret 18-month battle with cancer.
Iman took to Twitter to honour Teddy, sharing a touching photo of him with David.
“RIP Teddy Antolin... You will be missed,” she wrote.
The Facebook post announcing his death read: "RIP TEDDY ANTOLIN. It is with sadness that we report the news that Teddy Antolin has passed away.Teddy was a former hairdresser for David on several tours, video shoots and photo sessions. He will be missed."
In an interview after David’s death last month, Teddy revealed how he had introduced the music legend to Iman after meeting her at a showbiz party in LA.
"David was very lonely. It was so sad – all this hard work David did each day and then he was alone,” he told the Sunday People.
Bowie and Iman in 2002
Earlier this week, Iman broke her social media silence for the first time since her husband’s death to thank fans for their “love and gratitude”.
The couple were married in 1992, two years after they met and also had a daughter together, Alexandria Zahra Jones.
- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now