- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now
The star was informed of her ex-husband’s death off-camera, and has now opted to continue with her stint on the show.
A statement from Channel 5 reads: “Following the very sad news of David Bowie's death, we can now confirm that Angie Bowie has been informed off camera by her representatives.
“She has taken the decision to continue in the programme.
“The decision to remain in the house is entirely her choice, and she has been given the option to leave at any time if she changes her mind.
“Appropriate support will be available to Angie at any time if needed.”
David and Angie following their 1970 wedding
The singer’s death was announced on Monday 11 January, and came following a secret 18-month battle with cancer.
Angie and David married David in March 1970, and she inspired a number of tracks, including ‘The Prettiest Star’, ‘Golden Years’ and ‘Cracked Actor’.
After nine years of marriage, during which they had a son together, the couple separated and subsequently divorced in February 1980.
Thousands of fans, including a number of celebrities, have paid tribute to the iconic star following the sad news.
Iggy Pop released an emotional statement which read: "David’s friendship was the light of my life. I never met such a brilliant person. He was the best there is."