UPDATE: Angie has opted to remain in the 'CBB' house. See the full story and statement from Channel 5 here.
- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now
The legendary musician’s death was announced on Monday (11 January), following a secret 18-month battle with cancer, aged 69.
While contestants are usually subjected to having no contact with the outside world, Angie will be told of David’s passing away from the cameras in the house.
A spokesperson for the show said: “Following the very sad news of David Bowie's death this morning, we can confirm that Angie Bowie will be informed off camera today at the earliest opportunity.
“We will update further once this has taken place.”
Angie - born Mary Angela Barnett - married David in March 1970, after meeting a year earlier through a mutual friend.
She inspired the songs ‘The Prettiest Star’, ‘Golden Years’ and ‘Cracked Actor’, with David revealing that they were written about her.
They later separated after nine years of marriage, and divorced in February 1980.
They had one child together - a son, Duncan Jones, who Angie no longer has contact with.
David later went on to marry model Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid in 1992, and they remained together until his death.