- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now
The media regulator has received complaints from viewers who slammed Channel 5 for airing emotional scenes which saw Angie in tears the Diary Room, after being told off-camera about his death.
Angie Bowie was shocked by the news of David's death
According to Ofcom (via The Mirror), viewers complained that the footage shown on last night’s (11 January) show was "insensitive" and "in bad taste".
A spokesperson told them: “We've received 13 complaints about last night’s ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ on Channel 5.
“We will assess these complaints before deciding whether to investigate or not.”
Producers were forced to clear up confusion of how they informed Angie of David’s death, following an online backlash from fans after the show aired.
They insisted that she was told away from the cameras in the house, as they issued a short statement via their Twitter page to address the controversy.
The tweet read: “For those asking – Angie was told the tragic news about David Bowie off camera by her agent, then spoke to BB about it in the Diary Room.”
Fans of the reality show will see the events unfold in full in tonight’s episode, when Angie also makes the decision to stay in the house after learning the news, and Jonathan Cheban also makes a surprise exit.
A ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ spokesperson said that the decision was “entirely her choice” and that she “has been given the option to leave at any time if she changes her mind”.
“Appropriate support will be available to Angie at any time if needed,” they added.
Speaking about David’s death in the Diary Room, Angie broke down in tears, saying: “I haven’t seen him in so many years, I can’t make a big drama out of it… but it just feels like an era has ended with his passing.”
‘Celebrity Big Brother’ continues tonight at 9pm on Channel 5.