According to reports, the US rapper hit the studio following the music icon’s death last week at the age of 69.
The album is set to feature a mixture of straight up cover versions of some of Bowie’s biggest hits as well as original songs featuring samples of the British star’s music.
A source told the Daily Star: "Some are straightforward cover versions with Kanye actually singing.
"On others he is rapping with his own lyrics over Bowie's music."
According to the newspaper, ‘Changes’, ‘Heroes’, and ‘Rebel, Rebel’ are among the tracks he has produced for the project.
The source added: "He is determined to carry on David's work as a musical innovator.
"He says that the torch has been passed to him."
Following his death, the ‘Gold Digger’ hitmaker paid tribute to David on Twitter, describing him as one of his biggest inspirations.
"David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime,” he tweeted.
As well as the Bowie-themed album, Kanye is also set to release his seventh studio album next month.
‘Swish’ will include ‘All Day’, ‘Real Friends’ and ‘No More Parties In LA’, his collaboration with Kendrick Lamar.
The Wisdom Of Kanye West
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now