A news presenter on Heart FM made a monumental cock-up on Monday morning when she announced to the world that David Cameron had died of cancer.
Fiona Winchester was of course referring to the tragic news that music legend David Bowie had passed away when the slip of the tongue occurred.
In fairness she did immediately correct herself but it was too late to hide the gaffe.
Cameron - clearly alive and well - did have a tribute to the late star.
As if some news reader on Heart FM announced DAVID CAMERON dead instead of David Bowie. Wow. #smooth— lauren wallace (@tropicalmurs) January 11, 2016
Lassie on Heart FM just read out the news and said 'David Cameron has died' instead of Bowie 😳🙈— Paul Moncur (@paulmoncur) January 11, 2016
- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now