David Bowie's birthplace partied late into the night on Monday, celebrating a life which flourished from humble beginnings into an astonishing music career spanning decades, including numerous reinventions and reincarnations.
Brixton, south London, was set alight with an atmosphere akin to a festival as thousands gathered close to a permanent mural installed to celebrate its most famous son.
Bowie, who died on Sunday following an 18-month battle with cancer, has received overwhelming tributes the world over, with his widow Iman tweeting simply: "The struggle is real, but so is God."
Meanwhile, Brixton paid its respects in a way only it could...
- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now